• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

paulraphael

paulraphael

What everyone else said. For reference, I cook chicken breasts at 60°c, thighs at 64.5°c. breasts until core reaches temperature (around 40 mins); thighs for 3 to 3-1/2 hours. Juice for miles.

I don't think a whole chicken is a good candidate for sv cooking—different parts have different requirements.

paulraphael

paulraphael

What everyone else said. For reference, I cook chicken breasts at 60°c, thighs at 64.5°c. breasts until core reaches temperature; thighs for 3 to 3-1/2 hours. Juice for miles.

I don't think a whole chicken is a good candidate for sv cooking—different parts have different requirements.

paulraphael

paulraphael

What everyone else said. For reference, I cook chicken breasts at 60°c, thighs at 64.6°c. breasts until core reaches temperature; thighs for 3 to 3-1/2 hours. Juice for miles.