• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

2 hours ago, JohnT said:

Ah Smithy, a rack of lamb here is a whole side of chops still attached to the spine with some rib protruding. You could not roll it. Our lamb ribs are just the same as the pork ones, more than likely basted with the same sauce that would be used for pork. Your roll you described with the herbs inside is either a pork belly roll or a lamb belly roll - both darn good if the stuffing is done with fresh herbs. 

Anyway, we are moving off topic so back to our tea sipping chockdoc and her show - hope you are getting orders Kerry!

John I agree that a rack of lamb is not the same as lamb ribs but a crown roast of lamb is very doable Link.  Now back to our regularly scheduled program but I did feel the need to correct this (to curry favour with @Smithy:)

Anna N

Anna N

1 hour ago, JohnT said:

Ah Smithy, a rack of lamb here is a whole side of chops still attached to the spine with some rib protruding. You could not roll it. Our lamb ribs are just the same as the pork ones, more than likely basted with the same sauce that would be used for pork. Your roll you described with the herbs inside is either a pork belly roll or a lamb belly roll - both darn good if the stuffing is done with fresh herbs. 

Anyway, we are moving off topic so back to our tea sipping chockdoc and her show - hope you are getting orders Kerry!

John I agree that a rack of lamb is not the same as lamb ribs but a crown roast of lamb is very doable Link.  Now back to our regularly scheduled program but I didn't feel the need to correct this (to curry favour with @Smithy:)