• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

HungryChris

HungryChris

These cell phone pics are not the greatest, but they tell the story. A few years ago, Deb was forced to find a new job and chose to go with a low pressure position at a truck sales and service shop. Quite the contrast from being on conference calls with foreign countries at all hours of the day and night! She has grown increasingly pleased with her decision. The first Christmas there, the Christmas luncheon consisted of Chinese take-out, no beverages, plastic utensils and most of the guys just left without partaking. Deb was horrified with the situation and took the liberty of volunteering my services for the following year. So, last year I made a big antipasto, sausage and peppers, baked ziti, smoked salmon and cold cuts. It made a big difference and it was actually fun to do, especially when I saw how well it was received by the guys. Yesterday was the second one and, once again, we had fun. One of the guys deep fried a 20 lb turkey out back to add to the feast. This year, I added potato salad, cole slaw, deviled eggs, a smoked salmon spread rolled in fresh dill, some marinated mushrooms, pickles, shredded lettuce and sliced tomatoes for the sandwich makers in the group, to the mix.
First, let me set the stage. It all takes place in one of the garage bays.

Trucks 1.jpg

turkey.jpg

hot dishes.jpg

Smoked wild caught Sockeye Salmon.smoked sockeye salmon.jpgSpread.jpg

It was great to see the guys dig in

More guys.jpg

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

These cell phone pics are not the greatest, but they tell the story. A few years ago, Deb was forced to find a new job and chose to go with a low pressure position at a truck sales and service shop. Quite the contrast from being on conference calls with foreign contries at all hours of the day and night! She is has grown increasingly pleased with her decision. The first Christmas there, the Christmas luncheon consisted of Chinese take-out, no beverages, plastic utensils and most of the guys just left without partaking. Deb was horrified with the injustice and took the liberty of volunteering my services for the following year. So last year I made an antipasto, sausage and peppers, baked ziti, smoked salmon and cold cuts. It made a big difference and it was actually fun to do, especially when I saw how well it was received by the guys. Yesterday was the second one and, once again, we had fun. One of the guys deep fried a 20 lb turkey out back to add to the feast.

Trucks 1.jpg

turkey.jpg

hot dishes.jpg

More guys.jpg

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

These cell phone pics are not the greatest, but they tell the story. A few years ago, Deb was forced to find a new job and chose to go with a low pressure position at a truck sales and service shop. Quite the contrast from being on conference calls with foreign contries at all hours of the day and night! She is has grown increasingly glad with her decision. The first Christmas there, the Christmas luncheon consisted of Chinese take-out, no beverages, plastic utensils and most of the guys just left without partaking. Deb was horrified with the injustice and took the liberty of volunteering my services for the following year. So last year I made an antipasto, sausage and peppers, baked ziti, smoked salmon and cold cuts. It made a big difference and it was actually fun to do, especially when I saw how well it was received by the guys. Yesterday was the second one and, once again, we had fun. One of the guys deep fried a 20 lb turkey out back to add to the feast.

Trucks 1.jpg

turkey.jpg

hot dishes.jpg

More guys.jpg

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

These cell phone pics are not the greatest, but they tell the story. A few years ago, Deb was forced to find a new job and chose to go with a low pressure position at a truck sales and service shop. Quite the contrast from being on conference calls with foreign contries at all hours of the day and night! She is has grown increasingly glad with her decision. The first Christmas there, the Christmas luncheon consisted of Chinese take-out, no beverages, plastic utensils and most of the guys just left without partaking. Deb was horrified with the injustice and took the liberty of volunteering my services for the following year. So last year I made an antipasto, sausage and peppers, baked ziti, smoked salmon and cold cuts. It made a big difference and it was actually fun to do, especially when I saw how well it was received by the guys. Yesterday was the second one and, once again, we had fun. One of the guys deep fried  20 lb turkey out back to add to the feast.

Trucks 1.jpg

turkey.jpg

hot dishes.jpg

More guys.jpg

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

These cell phone pics are not the greatest, but they tell the story. A few years ago, Deb was forced to find a new job and chose to go with a low pressure position at a truck sales and service shop. Quite the contrast from being on conference calls with foreign contries at all hours of the day and night! She is has grown increasingly glad with her decision. The first Christmas there, the Christmas luncheon consisted of Chinese take-out, no beverages, plastic utensils and most of the guys just left without partaking. Deb was horrified with the injustice and took the liberty of volunteering my services for the following year. So last year I made an antipasto, sausage and peppers, baked ziti, smoked salmon and cold cuts. It made a big difference and it was actually fun to do, especially when I saw how well it was received by the guys. Yesterday was my second one and, once again, we had fun. One of the guys deep fried  20 lb turkey out back to add to the feast.

Trucks 1.jpg

turkey.jpg

hot dishes.jpg

More guys.jpg

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

These cell phone pics are not the greatest, but they tell the story. A few years ago, Deb was forced to find a new job and chose to go with a low pressure position at a truck sales and service shop. Quite quite the contrast from being on conference calls with foreign contries at all hours of the day and night! She is has grown increasingly glad with her decision. The first Christmas there, the Christmas luncheon consisted of Chinese take-out, no beverages, plastic utensils and most of the guys just left without partaking. Deb was horrified with the injustice and took the liberty of volunteering my services for the following year. So last year I made an antipasto, sausage and peppers, baked ziti, smoked salmon and cold cuts. It made a big difference and it was actually fun to do, especially when I saw how well it was received by the guys. Yesterday was my second one and, once again, we had fun. One of the guys deep fried  20 lb turkey out back to add to the feast.

Trucks 1.jpg

turkey.jpg

hot dishes.jpg

More guys.jpg

HC

HungryChris

HungryChris

These cell phone pics are not the greatest, but they tell the story. A few years ago, Deb was forced to find a new job and chose to go
with a low pressure position at a truck sales and service shop. Quite quite the contrast from being on conference calls with foreign contries
at all hours of the day and night! She is has grown increasingly glad with her decision. The first Christmas there, the Christmas luncheon consisted of Chinese take-out, no beverages, plastic utensils and most of the guys just left without partaking. Deb was horrified with the injustice and took the liberty of volunteering my services for the following year. So last year I made an antipasto, sausage and peppers, baked ziti, smoked salmon and cold cuts. It made a big difference and it was actually fun to do, especially when I saw how well it was received by the guys. Yesterday was my second one and, once again, we had fun. One of the guys deep fried  20 lb turkey out back to add to the feast.

Trucks 1.jpg

turkey.jpg

hot dishes.jpg

More guys.jpg

HC