• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

01 May 2015: International Workers' Day Celebration Baking

bethesdabakers

cig 003 small.jpg

I know the US celebrates Labor Day in September but International Workers Day is 01 May. I bake for a Dutch chef who organises pop-ups in various locations around this part of North Wales. His menus move from country to country every week which keeps me on my toes and this week he's doing Cuba.

The main item was Black Bean, Jalapenos and Coriander (Cilantro) Bread but I couldn't resist doing the Chipotle and Cumin "Cigars" as an extra.

bean 001small.jpg

bean crumb 001 small.jpg

Mick

• Like 7

Mick Hartley

The PArtisan Baker

bethesdabakers

"I can give you more pep than that store bought yeast" - Evolution Mama (don't you make a monkey out of me)

cour 004 small.jpg

Reality check. One day we're celebrating International Workers Day, next day we have another royal mouth to feed. Anyway I thought I should make the best of it and turned out a couronne (a crown) - what you might call a pain ironique.

cour 006 small.jpg

I'll attempt a less clunky version today.

Mick

• Like 2

Mick Hartley

The PArtisan Baker

bethesdabakers

"I can give you more pep than that store bought yeast" - Evolution Mama (don't you make a monkey out of me)

My daughter is born of first of May, it is a bank holiday so  she has the whole day with us and friends, so of course there was cakes, cookies and good food.

• Like 1

Cheese is you friend, Cheese will take care of you, Cheese will never betray you, But blue mold will kill me.