• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dried cherry sauce for pork: make-ahead question

bakerjo58

I am making a pork tenderloin with dried sour cherry sauce for a 40 person event and want to make the sauce ahead of time.  Since I won't have the pork juices yet, I thought about adding some veal demi-glace or pork or chicken stock, in order to get some extra flavor.  Anyone have other thoughts or ideas, or experience with this?

demi is a personal favorite of mine.  But, a chicken stock would be easier and cheaper.  If you wanted to make up for some of the richness of the demi, you can add a little balsamic vinegar to the chicken stock.  I like the idea of a smokey pork stock recommended above as well.  

• Like 1

“I saw that my life was a vast glowing empty page and I could do anything I wanted" JK