• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

• 1 month later...

The idea is that it is the most elabortate set up. It has sensors that are very precise for temp, humidity, and rate of burning wood. But it is also huge investment and pretty much meant for a restaurant / production style environment. A more approachable smoker for the home cook would be the bradley, which is still precise but less money.

Max, thanks for the reply. I was figuring as much as far as how it operated. I guess I am more wondering is how does it compare to a cvap or combi for doing low temp stuff? Also is the method for smoking in the book that was described with a higher temp smoke first and then lowertemplong time cookingachievablein one shot in an enviropak? Or would it be preferred to smoke then sousvide/water bath cook the meat? For high production sousvide doesn't seem cost effective.