• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Stephanie Wallace

Domori Technical Details

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone come across tech sheets for Domori's products? I can't find *anything* online, and have yet to receive a response from the company. I'd really love to spend more time playing with their chocolate, but cannot realistically do so unless I know precise fat content.

1 person likes this

Formerly known as "Melange"

Thank you so much for getting in touch!!! I received spec sheets from my distributor, and have been playing very happily since--but I'm sure there are a couple of other folks around here who would love to get their hands on them!

Formerly known as "Melange"

I am so glad to hear you were able to get them from your distributor.

We have spec sheets for each origin and percentage as well as beautiful DOMORI & AGRIMONTANA recipes you might enjoy, so please don't hesitate to ask.

Have a sweet day!

• Similar Content

• Flavoring in Ganache
      By beacheschef
      I'm making truffles for a wholesale customer who will be distributing them to their guests on a daily basis. I've been working on my recipes for quite a while, and have some good recipes for a number of flavors. Since the customer base is pretty varied, I'm not adding any alcohol to the ganache centers. The customer is pleased, but has asked me to expand my flavors to a few that they suggested.
      I've been working on a mint center with a white chocolate ganache and am infusing the cream with fresh mint leaves. No matter how much mint I add, the mint taste is not pronounced enough. I've also infused the mint leaves in the cream for up to 6 hours before adding the cream to the chocolate, without pleasing results.
      I've also been playing around with a fresh ginger ganache and am interested in lemongrass and other natural flavorings. Since I don't know if the customer will be pleased with the end result, I'd rather not buy the flavored compounds (I've used the mint flavor compound in a previous job) to enhance the flavor until I get a better result using the fresh ingredients.
      Do you have some advice for using natural herbs and spices to flavor ganache without using extracts, alcohol, or compounds?
    • Inexpensive Bonbon Packaging Help?
      By RuthWells
      I know this question gets asked frequently, and I've done my research, but I can't believe that I can't find a less expensive option for packaging to hold 2 truffle-sized bonbons.  The two options I liked (from Nashville Wraps and BoxandWrap) come to over $1.60 each when factoring in shipping.  There is no way to price them at that cost.  Am I missing some options out there?
    • Storing Molded Chocolates
      By RuthWells
      I know the gold standard for storing molded chocolate bon bons is to vacuum-pack lightly, then freeze.  Any suggestions for an overly-enthusiastic home chocolatier with an abundance of inventory and no vacuum sealer?  My local coffe shop is selling my wares, but not as quickly as I've been producing them!
    • Liquid caramel-filled Easter eggs
      By Droo
      I want to make a liquid caramel filled small easter eggs - I'll be using polycarbonate moulds. Any thoughts on how I can assemble these without having the caramel run out?
    • Lumette, handcrafted confections by Ewald Notter
      By pastrygirl
      Does anyone here know what the story is with Lumette?  I was just at a chocolate event and a local caterer was featuring these chocolates.  I doubt that Ewald Notter is working for a caterer in Seattle, so is this a wholesale line he's doing?  The website seems to be just a landing page for now.  Just curious, it was odd to see the name at a local event.