• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Piora

KennethT

So I usually don't write about NY restaurants often, usually because I rarely feel compelled to do so... But this evening is one of those odd times.

First I'll say that this place just opened recently, and this was our first time there... But wow... The food really blew us away. Unique flavor combinations, really well executed. Everything we had was cooked perfectly, from a squid ink and black garlic pasta with crab and chiles, to an ocean trout with small pieces of cauliflower and some kind of sausage. The menu said nduja, but the server called it andouille... Didn't taste like andouille, so I'll assume the menu description... Vegetables are done really well, as was the sucking pig.

The service needs a little bit of fine tuning, but they were very enthusiastic, friendly, and eager to please.

I will certainly be eagerly returning....