• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bethesdabakers Works Outing (me and herself) to Lunya in Liverpool last week. Cold and damp, stepping between the stalls of a rarther sparse Christmas market, came upon a large embroidered tent in the gloom of Church Alley leading down to the Bluecoat. Nearly walked past thinking it to be another load of old tinsel when I noticed it was full of heaps of hundreds of tagines - different shapes, colours and designs. Real, serious tagines for cooking in.

My current No.1 pot has a crack - it might last for years but it might not so this is like landing in heaven. Bought the big unglazed one straightaway - £10 reduction for being the first customer of the day. Of course, after a great two-bottle lunch at Lunya, walked back and found excuses for buying the two semi glazed pots. The midget is in lieu of a pound coin the vendor was short of in change. He's back to Morocco in several days time so if you are interested in these cooking machines Church Alley should be your destination.

Mick

taj 008 small.jpg

Mick Hartley

The PArtisan Baker

bethesdabakers

"I can give you more pep than that store bought yeast" - Evolution Mama (don't you make a monkey out of me)