• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lindag

lindag

Although I've never been to a Jimmy John's folk around here tell me it is head and shoulders better than Subway.  I have a Subway quite near, the JJ's is about 15 miles from me.

I never go to Subway anymore but there were times in the midst of summer heat that I'd stop in and pick up a sandwich for lunch (I'd go in the mid morning to avoid the lines that start about 11:30 some days).

When I was working in Portland we had a Quiznos in the building on the main floor;

I'd often stop in there for lunch rather than face the wind and rain (and possibly snow) outside.  Their food was very good and service was fast.

The only thing that irritated me were the twenty-somthings that had to pay for their four dollar lunch with a credit card! 

lindag

lindag

Although I've never been to a Jimmy John's folk around here tell me it is head and shoulders better than Subway.  I have a Subway quite near, the JJ's is about 15 miles from me.

I never go to Subway anymore but there were times in the midst of summer heat that I'd stop in and pick up a sandwich for lunch (I'd go in the mid morning to avoid the lines that start about 11:30 some days).