• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kayb

kayb

14 hours ago, chromedome said:

That would be "Shoppe," not Shop. :)

The brand was quite popular when I was a kid, and got revived a decade or so ago. Definitely, the beverage has always been "pop" in Canada (at least Atlantic Canada, I can't vouch for the rest) for at least my lifetime. The term "soda" only came into vogue in the 80s, and was reserved for the putatively Italian-style beverages made with plain soda water and a squirt of flavored syrup. Lately it is also applied (sometimes) to those unsweetened soda waters infused with fruit flavorings.

It's Coke. 

The full-sugar, full-caffiene model is Co-Cola. Anything else is Coke.

"What kind of Coke you want?" "Let me have a Sprite." (Or, in the alternative, "I'll take a Pepsi.")

kayb

kayb

14 hours ago, chromedome said:

That would be "Shoppe," not Shop. :)

The brand was quite popular when I was a kid, and got revived a decade or so ago. Definitely, the beverage has always been "pop" in Canada (at least Atlantic Canada, I can't vouch for the rest) for at least my lifetime. The term "soda" only came into vogue in the 80s, and was reserved for the putatively Italian-style beverages made with plain soda water and a squirt of flavored syrup. Lately it is also applied (sometimes) to those unsweetened soda waters infused with fruit flavorings.

It's Coke. 

The full-sugar, full-caffiene model is Co-Cola. Anything else is Coke.

"What kind of Coke you want?" "Let me have a Sprite."