• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

eugenep

eugenep

On 7/28/2010 at 9:52 AM, Crouton said:

I'd love to hear your (bad) experience with Joe Bastianich... he seems a bit dismissive in nature, on Lidia's PBS shows and from gathered readings.

[too incendiary / emotional etc. so I deleted it] 

eugenep

eugenep

On 7/28/2010 at 9:52 AM, Crouton said:

I'd love to hear your (bad) experience with Joe Bastianich... he seems a bit dismissive in nature, on Lidia's PBS shows and from gathered readings.

I'm watching Masterchef now and I never hear of Joe Bastianich but he is presence was very noticeable on the show. 

He's like a mean arrogant version of Gordon but without the level of fame. I'm sure he's known in niche communities but most people has never heard of this nobody. 

It's like he carries himself with this self-important sense of worth and talks down to other cooks like he is greatness justifies his arrogant mean attitude. 

What a mean loser nobody and I hope somebody or life gives him his comeuppance. 

It's like I want to avoid watching the show because of his ghetto guy's lack of professionalism, education, and politeness that Marcus Warring and Monica, Greg shows on Masterchef Professional's UK.