• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The old Fino thread last had an entry in 2004, so I thought I'd start a fresh new one.

I've never been before although it's close to my office. I've just had a fabulous lunch there. I wasn't paying, so I don't know what the full damage was, but I know from the menu that it's not cheap. However the food was top notch: very high quality ingredients perfectly cooked. Stand out dishes were:

• Tiny scallops sevred really simply in olive oil lemon juice and a touch of chili
  • Crispy chicken wings - stayed crispy all the way
  • Baby beetroot salad (that really was stunning)
  • Roast sucking pig with potatoes

Comments on Square Meal indicate it may have lost its way a year or so ago, but based on my experience it's firing on all cylinders now. I love Salt Yard, but this was far more refined, and I prefer it. The service was good too - lots of French staff bizarrely...