• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Duggan's Brewery

jenc

I visited Duggan’s Brewery in December while it was still in soft-launch mode, but a quick check via a phone call places the official launch date on the 22nd of January. Though the decor is a little sparse, our group finds the food more than just-palatable, making this a place to earmark for those caught in the beer-vs-food dilemma.

My favourite of the night - the pork hock. Or, as one of our party called it, “The knuckle of God.”

4267790130_1418773c61.jpg

Obligatory link to flickr

“Monstrously huge” is the first thing that came to mind when it landed on the table. “Tasty” and “good” came after we got over its size and actually tried it. Really lovely pink meat falling off the bone. And sided with tasty beans! It also comes with cider kraut, which I didn’t love when eaten straight, but it made for a good balance to this rich dish along with the chunks of apple as a sweet hit. Theoretically for two (if you’re starving), but good as a shared starter… for 6. We all really enjoyed the pork hock and cleaned it to the bone.

Full post (briefly covers the duck poutine and cornish hen): http://www.foodpr0n.com/2010/01/12/duggans-brewery/

Went back recently and had the pork hock and duck confit poutine again. Both were really good. Far too much food for two. For a non-beer drinker, I enjoyed the Porter.

foodpr0n.com 11/01/17: A map of macarons in Toronto // For free or for a fee - bring your bottle! corkagetoronto.com