• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

[Austin] Nubian Queen Lola's Cajun Soul Food

jsmeeker

When I made my Lockhart and Luling BBQ run a few weeks ago, my friends and I went to Lola Nubian Queen for dinner, based on the recommendation of Kent Wang.

This place was really great. It's VERY small. And seating is indeed communal. My friends and I were squeezed into another table with another party of 3. Very cozy, for sure. For food, I ordered the friend chicken wings. Really excellent. I managed to eat half my order after all the BBQ I had earlier in the day. But I took the rest on them back to the hotel and had them for breakfast!

chickenwingsnubian-20091024-173203.jpg

Lola was as nice as can be. Making really everything to order, all by herself. One of the most unique dining experiences I have had. If you are in Austin, go there.

Jeff Meeker, aka "jsmeeker"