• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tuna Fantastic

curlywurlyfi

Tuna Fantastic

Serves 2 as Main Dish.

I first had this at a girls' night at a friend's house. I couldn't believe something she just slung together while the pasta was boiling could be so tasty. I would eat this once a week if I was allowed.

• 250 g dried good quality penne (eg De Cecco)
  • 200 g tin of tuna
  • 250 g cherry tomatoes
  • 50 g tiny capers
  • big bunch fresh basil
  • big glug good balsamic
  • bigger glug your best olive oil
  • salt + freshly ground black pepper

Put the pasta on to boil in a big pan of salted boiling water. Meanwhile, drain the tuna + put in a big serving bowl (salad bowl is perfect). Halve the cherry tomatoes, drain the capers, shred the basil + add to the bowl with the vinegar, oil, s + p. Mix well. When the pasta is ready, drain + add to the bowl, toss and check for seasoning (it may need more balsamic or oil). Then eat in vast quantities. Also good for lunch, apparently, but it's never made it to the next day in my house (too good as midnight snacking food).

All quantities of ingredients are approx, by the way, so don't kill yourself if you don't have exactly 250g cherry tomatoes, it's just by eye.

Keywords: Main Dish, Pasta, Fish

( RG832 )

Fi Kirkpatrick

tofu fi fie pho fum

"Your avatar shoes look like Marge Simpson's hair." - therese