• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Berries Delight

Marlene

Berries Delight

Serves 8 as Dessert.

This is very rich!

• 2 pkg cream cheese
  • 1/2 c sugar
  • 1/2 c whipping cream, whipped
  • 2 c strawberries
  • or
  • 2 pkg frozen raspberries in juice
  • 2 T cornstarch
  • 2 T sugar

Whip the whipping cream and set aside. In a mixer bowl, combine the cream cheese and sugar until smooth, then fold in the whipped cream. Pipe the mixture into serving dishes, cover and chill.

If using frozen rasperries, drain them, putting juice into a small saucepan, set the raspberries aside. Cook the juice and the cornstarch together, until thickened. Cool, and add the raspberries. Chill. Serve with the cream cheese mixture.

If using strawberries, puree one cup of strawberries until liquid. Combine and cook the cornstarch and the strawberry juice until thickened. Cool, add remaining strawberries and chill. Serve with cream cheese mixture

Keywords: Dessert, Fruit

( RG1066 )

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.