• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cash Flow

PLangfordJr

Not sure what some others are going through right now, but if you are or have been experiencing issues with cash flow lately, I'd love to hear some fresh ideas.

Thankfully, our business has actually seen a slight increase in revenue when compared to last year, so the revenue not being there is not the issue (although I am sure all of us would like some more of it).

However, I am finishing up some nights with 70, 80, and even 90% of the net sales coming from credit cards, not cash.

I'm always asked if I can 'give a better deal' on a catering event if they pay in cash, and thankfully the owner will not go that route.

Any other ideas? Am I the only one experincing this? What are you doing to help this situation at your establishment?