• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

On 8/17/2020 at 3:48 AM, teonzo said:

If you are open to experiments then I would suggest to try pineapple + coconut + star anise.

Thanks for another great flavor combination!

Coconut and Pineapple with Star Anise:

1023579886_IMG_2945(1).thumb.jpeg.eb5eb822e88bfffd2e50f5bc61354ebc.jpeg

The pineapple part has the star anise added, the coconut does not.  I liked pineapple/star anise combo a lot.  I made an infused syrup with whole star anise and also added some ground. Could have used more.  

Maybe I should have mixed the layers together but the contrast of the two is kind of nice. 

Edited to add that the guy I buy the figs from at the farmers market liked the saffron & fig pops.  He thought my idea of figs on pizza was an abomination so I wasn't sure what he'd think of the pops 🙃

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

On 8/17/2020 at 3:48 AM, teonzo said:

If you are open to experiments then I would suggest to try pineapple + coconut + star anise.

Thanks for another great flavor combination!

Coconut and Pineapple with Star Anise:

1023579886_IMG_2945(1).thumb.jpeg.eb5eb822e88bfffd2e50f5bc61354ebc.jpeg

The pineapple part has the star anise added, the coconut does not.  I liked pineapple/star anise combo a lot.  I made an infused syrup with whole star anise and also added some ground. Could have used more.  

Maybe I should have mixed the layers together but the contrast of the two is kind of nice.