• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

to add link

My first pass at El Diablo pops, based on the El Diablo cocktail as it appears in the Nopalito cookbook:  Tequila, lime juice, ginger beer and just a few dashes of cassis.

101730804_IMG_8373(1).thumb.jpg.c152dbb4e28567eb800ac37c4988a35b.jpg

Not bad.  I added a little cassis to the mix, then added 2-3 drops to each mold to get sort of a gradient effect and that worked pretty well.  They are kind of icy since there's no fruit pulp, just juice. 

I think I'll try adding some cucumber purée to the next batch to see if that helps. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

My first pass at El Diablo pops, based on the El Diablo cocktail as it appears in the Nopalito cookbook:  Tequila, lime juice, ginger beer and just a few dashes of cassis.

101730804_IMG_8373(1).thumb.jpg.c152dbb4e28567eb800ac37c4988a35b.jpg

Not bad.  I added a little cassis to the mix, then added 2-3 drops to each mold to get sort of a gradient effect and that worked pretty well.  They are kind of icy since there's no fruit pulp, just juice. 

I think I'll try adding some cucumber purée to the next batch to see if that helps.