• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edible Paper

gwernkhoo

Hi everyone,

Do anyone here have any experience with making edible paper similar to the wrapper of "White Rabbit Creamy Candy" from China. It is very thin and translucent, and it melta in the mouth.

I had done of bit of searching looking for paper and found El bulli paper made with Metil, Alinea's made with modified starch, etc.. The paper made are flexible, but do not have the melt in the mouth texture.

I gues the closest result I'm looking for is the edible paper by Arzak.

Do anyone here have any experience with making edible paper? Thanks

Hi everyone,

Do anyone here have any experience with making edible paper similar to the wrapper of "White Rabbit Creamy Candy" from China. It is very thin and translucent, and it melta in the mouth.

I had done of bit of searching looking for paper and found El bulli paper made with Metil, Alinea's made with modified starch, etc.. The paper made are flexible, but do not have the melt in the mouth texture.

I gues the closest result I'm looking for is the edible paper by Arzak.

Do anyone here have any experience with making edible paper? Thanks

No experience making it, but I bet it is quite involved. Is buying it still an option? Have you searched for Rice Paper (not the kind you use for Vietnamese Spring Rolls? Like this (though this one is made from potato starch): http://www.kitchenkrafts.com/product.asp?p...hcd2=1241624076

fmed

de gustibus non est disputandum