• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Duvel

Duvel

8 hours ago, curls said:

Duvel does this mean that you are boiling the eggs for 5 minutes, peeling them, and then putting them in a 60 degree C water bath? Do you boil the eggs a day or two before and refrigerate them? Are you using these eggs for eggs Benedict? I’d like to try this!

Yes, exactly - have a look here. Boil for 5 min (from fridge), shock in cold water (for easier peeling) and peel away. For 4-5 people you can just directly assemble, for larger crowds you can do it a day before, and just heat up in a waterbath. I use my SV bath, st 60 oC. Takes somewhere between 10-15 min, but at that temperature you are „yolk-safe“ for longer than 30 min …

The only „drawback“ is that the eggs are quite round. But once you cut into them, all happy faces …

BF09AB4F-B8DB-40F4-A14A-54CCA664C149.jpeg

Duvel

Duvel

8 hours ago, curls said:

Duvel does this mean that you are boiling the eggs for 5 minutes, peeling them, and then putting them in a 60 degree C water bath? Do you boil the eggs a day or two before and refrigerate them? Are you using these eggs for eggs Benedict? I’d like to try this!

Yes, exactly - have a look here. Boil for 5 min (from fridge) m, shock in water (for easier peeling) and peel away. For 4-5 people you can just directly assemble, for larger crowds you can do it a day before, and just heat up in a waterbath. I use my SV bath, st 60 oC. Takes somewhere between 10-15 min, but at that temperature you are „yolk-safe“ for longer than 30 min …

The only „drawback“ is that the eggs are quite round. But once you cut into them, all happy faces …

BF09AB4F-B8DB-40F4-A14A-54CCA664C149.jpeg