• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

11 hours ago, minas6907 said:

That's correct, I folded in the filling in using trifolds as you would with puff pastry.

Awesome, thanks!

but I think you should be able to find an affordable option

I got mine through work. We have a heat lamp setup for one of the stations. The old one quit working. I figured out that it was just the power cord and that I could easily wire in a new cord and be fine but typical to our management, they said "nah, we'll just buy a new one.'' I asked what they were gonna do with the old one and they said take it if I want it... so I took it. A high temp extension cord, a couple heat bulbs and few minutes of my time later and I have an almost free solid adjustable height heat lamp setup that fits perfectly over my marble slab. But for those not fortunate enough to stumble into that scenario, there are also some very affordable options ranging from stands to hanging units to clamp-on units available in the pet trade for heat sources for reptile enclosures.

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

That's correct, I folded in the filling in using trifolds as you would with puff pastry.

Awesome, thanks!

but I think you should be able to find an affordable option

I got mine through work. We have a heat lamp setup for one of the stations. The old one quit working. I figured out that it was just the power cord and that I could easily wire in a new cord and be fine but typical to our management, they said "nah, we'll just buy a new one.'' I asked what they were gonna do with the old one and they said take it I want it... so I took it. A high temp extension cord, a couple heat bulbs and few minutes of my time later and I have an almost free solid adjustable height heat lamp setup that fits perfectly over my marble slab. But for those not fortunate enough to stumble into that scenario, there are also some very affordable options ranging from stands to hanging units to clamp-on units available in the pet trade for heat sources for reptile enclosures.