• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

RHR and Marcus Wareing

Hi Gareth,

I can empathise. I reckon that one of the main reasons I was so disappointed by MW was my expectations before the meal.

That, I guess, is partly my fault, but it was also built on what many, many, many people were saying around summertime and before, not to mention, Wareing's own obvious ambitions...

Food Snob

foodsnob@hotmail.co.uk

I think MW has to be given a little time before all this three star stuff comes about etc. He needs to properly find his feet and be allowed to settle down. Everybody is expecting great things of him and I do think he will deliver on it. At the moment it sounds like he is trying too hard, bless him! As I said before MW has got alot of baggage at the moment as this thread outlines. If I were betting I'd image it will be several years before we really see MW in top gear. Just to get off the point slightly, not too long to wait and see who's up or down in the little red book. Any predicitions!?

I think MW has to be given a little time before all this three star stuff comes about etc. He needs to properly find his feet and be allowed to settle down. Everybody is expecting great things of him and I do think he will deliver on it. At the moment it sounds like he is trying too hard, bless him! As I said before MW has got alot of baggage at the moment as this thread outlines. If I were betting I'd image it will be several years before we really see MW in top gear. Just to get off the point slightly, not too long to wait and see who's up or down in the little red book. Any predicitions!?

Well, I'm certainly not against London having a restaurant that serves 3* food...

Red book? I have outlined some of these elsewhere if I remember rightly, but from my recent meals:

1*: Alain Ducasse @ the Dorchester; l'Ambassade de l'Ile (would not be shocked if this got two); l'Autre Pied

2*: Hibiscus

outsider: l'Anima - not much to tell it apart from Zafferano, based on my experiences

From what I have heard from others....Hélène Darroze, maybe.

Food Snob

foodsnob@hotmail.co.uk