• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Macarons in Antwerp?

I´m going to Antwerp this weekend. I have a whole eating plan mapped out (frites, jenever, and some more sophisticated options :biggrin: ), but what I would really like to know is: are there patissiers in Antwerp who are making macarons? Any info greatly appreciated!

thanks. That looks like a great shop to visit, wether he has macarons or not..

btw I found some info online that Del Rey is now selling macarons, although I could not find it on their own website, so I´ll be sure to pay them a visit.

We went to Del Rey and got their macarons (EUR 6,95 for 5), and they were excellent! They only started making them in March of this year and they seem to be a big hit - at least that's what the girl in the shop told me :wink:

Pics can be seen here on my blog.

The Del Rey store is only 5 minutes walk from the train station which can come in handy if you want to take macarons on the train!

• 11 months later...