• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Forte Pizzeria & Ristorante - Caldwell

Rhys Ord

My wife and I have been to this place four times in the last few months, and can't get enough of it. It has two sides, a pizzeria with table seating and a full service, white-tablecloth restaurant on the other. Bloomfield Avenue, plenty of parking in the rear. BYOB.

The food is highly recommended. Very well-prepared Italian, with large portions. The appetizers themselves are almost hard to finish.

Joe, the owner, is a super nice guy, and the wait staff is very friendly and efficient. Service is fast, and courteous.

The only problem is that the restaurant side only has about 8 tables. If you go on a Saturday evening you'll probably have to wait. This is popular place. I haven't tried the pizza but judging by the crowds and the lines, it must be very good.

The web site and Louis Prima music is a hoot: Forte Pizzeria & Ristorante.

They had a major fire a few years back but are back in business, and business looks to be booming.

Rhys

Our family does takeout from Forte's when we're not in the mood for cooking. Food is consistent, decent quality and filling. Take a pass on the Chicken Murphy if you're considering it - just a big bowl of oil with chicken, onions and potatoes. The rest of the menu that we've tried is solidly decent.