• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Melville NY

handmc

I have to come into Melville NY for business for a few days. Any must try locations?

Ah, it's been way too long since I did a butt. - Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

--------------------

One summers evening drunk to hell, I sat there nearly lifeless…Warren

Not sure if you are coming from New York City or traveling from outside of the area. These 2 recommendations are for casual fare. Can't help for stuff in that area that's more formal. A lot depends how far you want to drive. :

I recommend House of Dosas if you are looking for something informal. The place is a storefront (just south of Old Country Road) in Hicksville. There are some other topics that list Long Island restaurants. However Hicksville is not too far away from Melville.

House of dosas topic

If you are looking to really grab something quick (take-out/prepared/catered food), you might do ok at Fairway on Manetto Hill Road in Plainview. Calling it a grocery store doesn't do it justice.

jayne

• 2 weeks later...