• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tagging bottles

sharding

Does anyone here know of a source for non-annoying bottle tags? I have been using the ubiquitous paper tags (like these), but I find them very frustrating. They're too small for some bottles, requiring cutting (or tearing if I'm lazy) a slit to make them fit, and even then they're never quite right. And they're too big for other bottles -- they hang so loosely that the tag falls of with even the suggestion of contact when I pull out a bottle a foot away. Argh!

I found these, which would probably be a bit better, at least on the larger bottle necks. But it seems like there must be something even better out there. I'm envisioning something like a small card with a string to tie around the neck, or a piece of elastic cord like the airport luggage tags have (not sure how well that would hold up long-term).

Any suggestions?

Edited by sharding (log)