• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bridgewater Bistro, Astoria/Oregon

Last week we went to the Bridgewater Bistro, twice. Our first time was for appetizers which we loved. This is a new, upscale eatery located right on the Columbia River with gorgeous views of the bridge and water. The dining room is visually stunning, there is an upstairs Mezzanine Level with a fireplace as well as a spacious dining room downstairs with a bar and fireplace and comfy, cushy leather booths. Many glass windows adorn the restaurants with panoramic views, there is also an outdoor eatery area right over the water for when the weather is nice.

The owners also own the Shoalwater in Seaview, WA, a fine dining venue on the WA coast which has been in business for a long, long time. The night we went back for dinner, the restaurant was completely full with a large medical convention on the entire Mezzanine level. We had about a 20 mintue wait and shared a Smoked Salmon appetizer while we waited.

Our table was in the main dining area. We had already had our appetizer so I ordered an entree which was the Sea Scallops, served in a small casserole dish with yummy sides of fresh, steamed veggies. My husband enjoyed the Moroccan Chicken which he said was perfectly prepared.

I love the way they do desserts here, small portions for about $3/piece, you can also order a "trio" which we did. The Chocolate Silk Pie is amazing as was the Hazelnut Cheesecake with Caramel Sauce. The chocolate Lava cake with fresh Raspberry sauce was also a hit.

The bistro has something for everyone, offering food and wine pairings, children's menus, small plates and a very nice wine last, also offering wine flights. I do believe this is now my favorite eatery on the Oregon Coast, we will be regulars here this summer when we plan to stay a 2-3 month period of time in the area. :)