• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ViaMicelin

cinghiale

I've used ViaMichelin as a primary research tool for compiling restaurant information on trips to Europe. The site has apparently been revised in such a way as to gut effective search parameters. "Restaurants" used to be a discrete page; now it's buried under "Tourism". One can no longer search by stars, Bib Gourmand, or other useful criteria. One can select only between Michelin restaurants and "other restaurants", but the latter returns very few, if any, results and seems very conscribed, geographically, to the location entered.

What gives? I can't seem to find a "premium" or similar subscription offer (not that I would purchase it). This seems to be a pretty senseless change by Michelin. Anyone know if or where the previously available information may still be compiled on the web?