• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Caffe Emilia

Bond Girl

This is definitely not your average sandwich and coffee place. For starters, the owners are from Modena and the Italian baked goods are seriously good with airy pastry cream filled Italian doughnuts and tiramisu like the way somebody's grandmother used to make. There are sandwich made with pizza bianca and other organic floured breads. The vitello tonnato is the closest to what I had in Italy. You can also get imported products such as Olive oil and Aged Balsamic vinegar. The place has only been open for a month, so don't expect seamless service, but the owners have charm and waiting didn't seend so horrible when yoou have a nice garden and great conversations.

Caffe Emilia

139 First Ave.

Ya-Roo Yang aka "Bond Girl"

The Adventures of Bond Girl

I don't ask for much, but whatever you do give me, make it of the highest quality.

Here's a link to their NY Mag profile, which says the cross street is 9th.

Also found this photo stream, which mostly looks like pre-opening shots.

"We had dry martinis; great wing-shaped glasses of perfumed fire, tangy as the early morning air." - Elaine Dundy, The Dud Avocado

Queenie Takes Manhattan

eG Foodblogs: 2006 - 2007

Hey, that's my photo! :)

I ran past the place last week, and took a quick peek of their extensive menu. There's easily two dozen sandwiches on different breads, and a serious coffee/espresso section.

"I'll put anything in my mouth twice." -- Ulterior Epicure