• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lander wyoming

Moving from Chicago to Wyoming is going to be a change for me a big one at that. I was hoping maybe someone here would be able to tell me if they know of any worthwhile restaurants, farmers markets, or food/culinary destinations that I should know about. Can anybody help?

Moving from Chicago to Wyoming is going to be a change for me a big one at that. I was hoping maybe someone here would be able to tell me if they know of any worthwhile restaurants, farmers markets, or food/culinary destinations that I should know about. Can anybody help?

In Lander? Hmm. Obviously, as you note, it's going to be a bit ... different from Chicago. Here's the dining list from the Lander CofC website: http://www.landerchamber.org/lodgingrestau...spx#Restaurants

(note to self: figure out why I can't hyperlink properly anymore)

I spent one night there a month or so ago, because that's where I found myself when I got tired while driving aimlessly one weekend. Cowfish looked promising but it was closed the day I was there. Manage your expectations. This is small town Wyoming, just outside the Wind River Indian Reservation. There were, I think, two simple grocery stores. I can't speak to farmer's markets, I was there in February.

But your view to the south is the Wind River Mountains, and you're a half hour or so from the Wind River. If you hunt and/or fish, you'll be in a great spot to rustle up your own good eating.

Jackson has some fancier, more ambitious dining, and it's a gorgeous drive, though it'll be about 4 hrs or so.

If you've got a redirect about what I saw or the area, I'm happy to oblige.