• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Heading to Hershey

Kerry Beal

I had quite the whirlwind.  I make it to Lititz just at 5, so I missed the Wilbur tour (next year).  I did hit the pretzel factory in time to grab a few bags.  I made it to Lemongrass (found it by accident - it was meant to be) and I did justice to the factory outlet stores.

I had breakfast at the Hershey Pantry you suggested and enjoyed all but the scrapple - don't think it's quite my taste.  The fried potatoes they serve with breakfast were absolutely the best.

Thanks again for your suggestions, next trip down we'll have to meet up with you and get you to show us around.

Too bad about Wilbur, but at least you have something to look forward to on your next trip. You did good by stumbling onto Lemongrass. If I knew you were headed to the outlets, I would have definately recommended it. Its one of our favorite places to eat on our way-to-many trips over to the outlets.

I've never been a very big fan of scrapple myself, although others really seem to love it. Perhaps it is an aquired taste?

Hopefully next time you're in town the weather will be much nicer!

Take Care!...Shawn