Status Replies posted by Kerry Beal
Thank you so much for your reply, its great to know I have people out there willing to help, I did sound quite desperate lol!
My project is artistic, artisanal chocolate high quality chocolates sold online and on order. We will be starting with 6 recipes of hand moulded and painted bonbons with dark and milk chocolate and chocolate bars. We will be selling different size boxes: 6,12.24.54. We have already prepared our budgets and have our costs and suggested selling price for retail and wholesale.
So here are my questions:
1) I am setting up my lab and I need some assistance in the layout. Please see my layout and tell me what you think. I found a good rent not too expensive.
2)I am thinking of working with Callebaut chocolate, this is at least the one I have been working on my recipes with, some professionals are telling me Callebaut has become pretty mass production and I should go for a more premium brand, what is your opinion.
3)I want to have 3 month shelf life for my ganache milk and dark, can I do that without sorbitol? If yes how? 4)My recipes are coming a little too soft and I want to harden the texture a little, would the solution be to add cocoa butter or chocolate?
5) I have created my own pistachio recipe for the pistachio filling, I need help with balancing this recipe and i need more of a pistachio taste rather than milk chocolate flavor coming out, is there a way to do that and bring out the pistachio flavor more?
6) I am using this table created on the forum to balance recipes for fillings but I never get the right balance as recommended by Ramon Morato. I have no idea what to change to reduce the fat for example or when you need to increase sugars, what do I add?
7) I have my packaging in place for boxes but looking for a good solution for chocolate bars, any idea which packaging is best and less time consuming to prepare?
😎 What sort of salaries can some expect in the first year? If lets say my anual sales are about 80000 a year and direct costs 30000 and overheads about 40000 including a salary of 20000. I have depreciation added on that at 7000. Obviously the first year I am not looking at making a lot but the years after that start looking better, until year 4 where I break even.
9)I have a good chance of getting my chocolates at an airport, the best way is to have a cold cabinet with the chocolates inside for sale?
10) Any good solutions of how to pack chocolates in the heat when in delivery? Cool packs i read with metalised bubble wrap.
This is it for now, i know its a lot but anything you can help me with I would be extremely greatful!
Not really had a chance to fully look on Egullet but thank you for introducing me to it! Ive just happened on a thread for a whipped ganache- did you ever get the recipe? it sounds amazing