• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Odd Implements

susiew

Specifically I am wondering what one does with a set of bundt-pan like pans that are sexagonol and have about 6 sizes - it appears to be for a hollow sexagonal tiered cake.

Does anyone know about this? My mom gave me this set oh 22 years ago. I have yet to unpack it from the box and am thinking of finding a new home for it.

Thanks for any info!

Susie

I've been trying to picture this. Does it make a tree form you think?

if they're still in the box, then are the directions and recipes still inside? It might be cool to play with during the holidays on a buffett..I'd keep them for molds if they're not in the way. I can kinda relate though, if you haven't even unpacked them for 22 years that they're just taking up space.

I have a cookie cutter/cake set my mom gave me 20 years ago I suppose with the thought that I should make it for my then infant son. I never had the time and with 2 more kids it didn't get any better. I almost gave it away, but the younger boys are at an age where they want to help and think the set would be cool. We still haven't 'played' with it yet, but it's something we'll check out after the soccer season ends and then see if it's worth keeping. It's still taking up space in the cabinet....

I've been trying to picture this. Does it make a tree form you think?

Good point - If you stacked them at angles it could look kind of tree like.

Hmm maybe I should actually try using them this year!

Thanks for the thought.

Can you post a photo?

Do you mean "hexagonal" ?? 6-sided.

Somewhere in my junk I have a set of snowflake pans that are tube pans, but the center tube is tapered and not as large as most Bundt pans. They are 6-sided and have a design in the bottom that is raised on the finished cake and is supposed to be highlighted to show the form of the snowflake. It has been years since I looked at them and I don't recall how they were to be used.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett