• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Emmanuel win Stewards Cip

I'm pleased to say that a team from my college has this week won the Steward's cup, proving once again that Emmanuel is the best Cambridge College.

The team was

Matthew Carter - Head Chef

Tom Jeffery - Junior Sous Chef

Nathan Aldous - Junior Sous Chef

Eddie Cook - Chef de Partie

Kevin Balaam - Chef de Partie

Against stiff competition the silverware included

Two Gold Medals

Two Silver Medals

Three Bronze medals

Three best in class

And overall winner for most points: The Stewards Cup.

This is the first time the competition has been run since 1985.

The winning dishes from Emmanuel were

Best plated starter: Pork Knuckle and Foie Gras Terrine

Best flatted Main Course: Ballotine of Chicken with a Butter Bean and Tomato Cassoulet

Best plated Main Course: Trio of Autumn Rabbit

Congratulations to all concerned.

As a fellow Emmanuellite, I'll use my first post to congratulate you on demonstating the true awesomeness of Emma: congratulations on demonstrating the true awesomeness of Emma.

yes but however much its awesomeness emma will always be first and foremost a college which is named after a jane austen movie

and is from cambridge to boot

:raz::raz::raz:

More Cookbooks than Sense - my new Cookbook blog!

Camdan: Welcome to eG (and Emma)!

Jon: Since the College was founded in 1584 http://www.emma.cam.ac.uk/about/origins/ I imagine Jane Austin named her heroine after it, rather than the other way round.

Mark: The ducks are fellows of the college, since they walk on the grass. Eating them would be unthinkable.

More seriously it shows that college catering can be of a high standard, and providing a better living environment is one of the ways the College supports its students and competes for the best talent

More seriously it shows that college catering can be of a high standard, and  providing a better living environment is one of the ways the College supports its students and competes for the best talent

As a graduate of Dundee College of Further Education, may I be first to say that I couldn't give a monkeys?

(We had a chip van. And we could only really use that at the start of the week, because Big Mario took his bath on a Sunday.)