• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

kumquat-cello

Jim Dixon

I went to stage two with my kumquat-infused grain alcohol. Poured off the alcohol (debated eating the tipsy citrus, but didn't), mixed 50/50 with 1:1 simple syrup, and tasted...quite good, slightly sweeter than the limoncello I make...

still needs a few weeks to mellow

Jim

olive oil + salt

Real Good Food

Jim - one of the things we bought recently in Italy (Cinque terra) was "Cedro-cello", obviously made from Cedro (citrons), but at the green stage. Pale green and slightly spicey - very nice. Have made Blood-orange-cello myself (Blood oranges are the same species of orange as those used to make cointreau, although a different strain), nice but only turned out slighty orange-pink not red.

I love kumquats, I bet you liqueur is fantastic!

Jim - one of the things we bought recently in Italy (Cinque terra) was "Cedro-cello", obviously made from Cedro (citrons), but at the green stage. Pale green and slightly spicey - very nice. Have made Blood-orange-cello myself (Blood oranges are the same species of orange as those used to make cointreau, although a different strain), nice but only turned out slighty orange-pink not red.

I love kumquats, I bet you liqueur is fantastic!