• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Kheema

Toby

Had keema mattar at some friends last night which was quite tasty. She had used chicken mince and prepared it with yogurt in which she had mixed some ground cinnamon.

I heard it was called Ulta Keema.

Some Bengali chefs from Bangladesh have prepared this for me when making stuffing for Samosas.

They call the vegetarian samosas Shingara instead.

Their keema for samosas is prepared using chicken and has yogurt and peas.

In a new menu I have planned for a restaurant opening sometime next month, chicken keema is on the menu.

There are certainly many other poultry and meat that are made into keema. I have had deer keema in Madhya Pradesh at a hunting lodge. And wild boar keema in Haridwar. :shock:

Mattar Paneer Keema

Why leave this one out. Make keema with paneer. Its easier when you are making paneer and strain the solids, dont hang or press it. Just drain it let it cool and break it up and you have your paneer keema. Start out making matter paneer but at the stage when you add the paneer cubes, just add the paneer keema. At the end add a little extra ground cardamon and mace and be generous with fresh chopped cilantro,add diced tomatoes too. Its a beautiful dish and tasty too.

Bombay Curry Company

3110 Mount Vernon Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22305. 703. 836-6363

Delhi Club

Arlington, Virginia

Mattar Paneer Keema

Why leave this one out. Make keema with paneer. Its easier when you are making paneer and strain the solids, dont hang or press it. Just drain it let it cool and break it up and you have your paneer keema. Start out making matter paneer but at the stage when you add the paneer cubes, just add the paneer keema.  At the end add a little extra ground cardamon and mace and be generous with fresh chopped cilantro,add diced tomatoes too. Its a beautiful dish and tasty too.

You bring back memories of me attending a wedding in Saharanpur as a kid. At that wedding I had this keema. It was great.

In Delhi they would often add makahanas (lotus seeds) and khoya into vegetarian keema.