• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Vineyards vs. Nature

Rebel Rose

Placing the value of grapes, any grapes, over that of the wildlife that provides checks and balances in nature is a sad indictment of our society to make a buck. We have welcomed the occasional fox, mountain lions, coyotes passing through and even the stinky "kitty" with white stripes as I'm sure a number of environmentally conscious farmers do. There are sound, non violent methods of discouraging intrusive wildlife behavior. Where does it end?

Raoul

"I drink to make other people interesting".

We are blood thirsty humans by nature and as long as we allow this type of violance to be a part of our children's lives, the human race will continue to leave a bloody path behind it.

Perhaps a new year will bring new hope.

Vine growing and wine making are about respecting nature....Mr. Moore and others like him should be banned from this industry.

Andre Suidan

I was taught to finish what I order.

Life taught me to order what I enjoy.

The art of living taught me to take my time and enjoy.