• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ryland Inn - Charlie Trotter

Phil Ward

Nor did I, sadly. One of my best friends got married that day, so there was no getting out of it. :smile:

I'd love to hear more about the dinner, however, from anyone who attended. They are two of my favorite chefs.

Jennifer L. Iannolo

Founder, Editor-in-Chief

The Gilded Fork

Food Philosophy. Sensuality. Sass.

Home of the Culinary Podcast Network

Never trust a woman who doesn't like to eat. She is probably lousy in bed. (attributed to Federico Fellini)

Trotter used to be one of mine until the whole foie gras thing. He still is a great chef, although I have less of an interest in patronizing him. If he doesn't wish to serve foie gras fine, I can respect that.

I have never been to the Ryland Inn, although I have tastes Chef Shelton's cooking and he is a mentor to one of my favorite chefs, Matt Secich, formerly of the Inn at Erlowest. I would love to get there one of these days.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

NO!!  Didn't have time to roll $250 plus of pennies. Sure would have loved to attend this event though. Info is on Table Hopping With Rosie/Restaurant News this week.

http://www.njmonthly.com/rosie/rosiemain.html

Rosie, I heard they lowered the price. It was supposed to be a lot higher.

I guess there are some people who have $250 of pennies to roll but it ain't you and me. :biggrin:

Phil

I have never met a miserly wine lover

Trotter used to be one of mine until the whole foie gras thing. He still is a great chef, although I have less of an interest in patronizing him. If he doesn't wish to serve foie gras fine, I can respect that.

I have never been to the Ryland Inn, although I have tastes Chef Shelton's cooking and he is a mentor to one of my favorite chefs, Matt Secich, formerly of the Inn at Erlowest. I would love to get there one of these days.

Doc, I met Matt and his wife Crystal when they worked at the Ryland, and liked them both a great deal. Where is Matt cooking now?

Do go to the Ryland -- it's worth the drive. Oh my, and you could talk science. Look out!!! :biggrin:

Jennifer L. Iannolo

Founder, Editor-in-Chief

The Gilded Fork

Food Philosophy. Sensuality. Sass.

Home of the Culinary Podcast Network

Never trust a woman who doesn't like to eat. She is probably lousy in bed. (attributed to Federico Fellini)

• 2 weeks later...