• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

EvergreenDan

EvergreenDan

Bruto Americano acquired. I just sipped it neat. A bit more bitter than Campari, much less orange, much less citrusy, less alarming neon color. My first words were "fucking delicious". The only cocktail in Kindred Cocktails that uses it is the Strange Flower, with equal parts gin and Violette (plus bitter). I just don't think I can drink something with 1/3 violette, and the St George site didn't offer much inspiration, so maybe I'll try Frog's suggestion of a Negroni.

It is, unfortunately, more expensive than Campari.

EDIT: Dry Negroni with Hayman's Royal Dock, Bruto, Dolin Dry. Delightfully pale pink color belies a pretty kick-ass drink. Coriander comes out, which I don't recall much of in the gin. Odd.

EvergreenDan

EvergreenDan

Bruto Americano acquired. I just sipped it neat. A bit more bitter than Campari, much less orange, much less citrusy, less alarming neon color. My first words were "fucking delicious". The only cocktail in Kindred Cocktails that uses it is the Strange Flower, with equal parts gin and Violette (plus bitter). I just don't think I can drink something with 1/3 violette, and the St George site didn't offer much inspiration, so maybe I'll try Frog's suggestion of a Negroni.

It is, unfortunately, more expensive than Campari.