• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edward Sullivan

yes, i do read him and i think that he comes across as deeply sleazy.  he used to spend far too much of his review space talking about dates called things like slack alice.  i think, from his recent work, his editor has thankfully had a small word.  he appears to be quite knowledgeable about beers, but little else.

What day does he appear? I get the Standard on a Wednesday for Fay Maschlers reviews and sometimes on a Friday for the food and drink in the magazine, but this chap has completely escaped my notice.

I think he writes in the Hot Tickets supplement on Thursdays. I don't know about him being a lucky bastard. Would you feel lucky if you were once America's most successful talk show host reduced to writing about pubs for a living?