• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Max's in cinnaminson

shacke

No, but I've been meaning to. 

Report back soon.

If you have an empty spot...

Went there tonight. I tried to scope out any reviews and on another board there was not much good to say about it. The bottom line is that I concur and I recommend you skip it. Although a nice atmosphere as it is set up in a converted home with comfortable surroundings, the service was poor and inattentive.

I had a good salad of spinach with warm bacon and gorgonzola dressing that was a bit oil laden but tasty nonetheless. For dinner, I had the zuppa di pesce which was on the dry side. The pasta it lay upon was obviously older - having the tell tale dried tips of having sat around too long. My wife's tilapia dish was uninspiring (although that in and of itself is not an inspiring fish imho).

I skipped dessert and settled for coffee - served lukewarm at best.

Not cheap by any means. Abd entree mid $20s. Apps in the 8-12 range by and large. The BYOB and the great company made it sting less.

All in All - egulleteer emptor and avoid Max's.

Evan

Edited by shacke (log)

Dough can sense fear.

• 4 weeks later...