• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chateauneuf-du-Pape Vieux Telegraphe 98

Andre

Chateauneuf-du-Pape Vieux Telegraphe La Crau 1998

Very dark intense red and dark cherry color.

The nose reveals a concentrated forest fruit juice aroma mixed with some fresh raspberries and some dried prunes ending with mildly toasted oak

Soft and full-bodied with massive tannins some of which are still green indicating youth. An impressive acidity backed up by the tannins will age this wine gracefully for no les than 10 years.

The tannin dominated texture develops some soft prunes and black cherry fruit indicating this wines' promising future.

Drink 2008-2015.

Tasted February 11th 2005.

Andre Suidan

I was taught to finish what I order.

Life taught me to order what I enjoy.

The art of living taught me to take my time and enjoy.

The nose reveals a concentrated forest fruit juice aroma mixed with some fresh raspberries and some dried prunes ending with mildly toasted oak

Soft and full-bodied with massive tannins some of which are still green indicating youth. An impressive acidity backed up by the tannins will age this wine gracefully for no les than 10 years.

The tannin dominated texture develops some soft prunes and black cherry fruit indicating this wines' promising future.

Drink 2008-2015.

Andre,

Thanks for the TN. I have a few bottles and will have to try one soon.

Phil

I have never met a miserly wine lover

Drink 2008-2015.

Andre,

Thanks for the TN. I have a few bottles and will have to try one soon.

Phil

Take your time and make that a later rather than soon.

The wine is playing one on one with some massive tannins and looks like you will have to gamble on a dif. vintage this season.

Andre Suidan

I was taught to finish what I order.

Life taught me to order what I enjoy.

The art of living taught me to take my time and enjoy.