• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Creme de Noyeau

Rob Simmon

I did some Googling on this and it appears that Creme de Noyaux is an American phenomenon - or so it appears. Creme de Noix (walnut) was suggested as a possible substitute as was almond liquer (aka amaretto).

I should think there must be some French liquer that is what you seek but finding ino on-line is a challenge. Bols makes a Creme de Noyaux and it's quite likely better quality than the Hiram Walker but still very, very sweet.

I did some Googling on this and it appears that Creme de Noyaux is an Amercian phenomenon - or so it appears.  Creme de Noix (walnut) was suggested as a possible substitute as was almond liquer (aka amaretto).

Here is cocktailDB's information page on creme de noyeau. It's an almond flavored liqueur. The bottle shown is the traditional French Noyau de Poissy.

--