• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

WTN: Pinots

GordonCooks

2002 DuMol Pinot Noir –

Lots of earth on the nose and a hint of fruit but downright closed. Decanting revealed a little mushroom, flowers, a lot of fruit (red and black) but still a lot of tannin. The color seemed lighter than the flavor dictated – I expected something dark and inky purple but it looked ruby red to me. I tasted it again more than an hour later and it seemed much more balanced and old world.

2001 Felton Rd Pinot Noir (central otago) -

A lot of Raspberry and plum on the nose and very fruit forward with red berry, currants, and just a hint of oak. Delicious and ready to drink.

2001 Adelsheim “Elizabeth’s Vineyard” –

Lots of fruit (not as cherry as the normal bottling) earthy, firm structure that’s very balanced and supple after a while. More red berry fruit in a complex yet balanced wine