• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

paulraphael

paulraphael

My favorite so far is the standard 1:1:1 with Plymouth gin and Cocchi di Torrino vermouth. 

The earthy / leathery qualities of the Plymouth and the spicy qualities of the Cocchi work nicely.  I haven't played with Pune e Mes yet. There are of course too many combinations of interesting gins and vermouths to try in one lifetime. Attempts to do so may even shorten said lifetime.

paulraphael

paulraphael

My favorite so far is the standard 1:1:1 with Plymouth gin and Cocchi di Torrino vermouth. 

The earthy / leathery qualityies of the Plymouth and the spicy qualities of the Cocchi work nicely.  I haven't played with Pune e Mes yet. There are of course too many combinations of interesting gins and vermouths to try in one lifetime. Attempts to do so may even shorten said lifetime.