• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

http://winenetworktv.com

Really Nice!

The Wine Network is a privately held company with offices in San Francisco, Honolulu, and Hong Kong.

Co-founded and developed by veteran professionals in the satellite and entertainment industry, Wine Network is the world's first and only 24/7 interactive television network dedicated to the theme of Wine, the lifestyle of wine lovers, and related subjects such as Beer & Spirits, Cigars, Food, Travel, Fashion, Health, Art & Culture, Entertainment, and more; providing entertaining programming to a global audience via cable and satellite.

Wine Network appeals directly to today's elite audience and multitude of viewers anxious to watch innovative and entertaining programming that explores, with authority, the most unique and delighting experiences the world of wine offers.

Wine Network peeks into the inside world of wine with unprecedented access to the best of the epicurean world. Furthermore, Wine Network reveals the life and passion that drive wine lovers and epicureans through in-depth interviews and feature stories that invite viewers into a world of entertainment, discovery, and passion.

Wine Network will be officially launched this Fall of 2004 in United States, Europe, and Asia.

Drink!

I refuse to spend my life worrying about what I eat. There is no pleasure worth forgoing just for an extra three years in the geriatric ward. --John Mortimera

Sweet! They also have an 'idea submission form' for anyone who would like to submit ideas to the network, although it would be much more fun to discuss them here, of course.

Here are some of the ideas I will be submitting:

* A series on artisanal wineries--only wineries under 5,000 case production. (Who wants to go first? Me! Me!)

* Why different oak barrels impart different flavors, including the differences among French coopers

* A tour of a cooperage facility

* A Wine Emergency Team of a caterer and a sommelier who visit hapless individuals and help them pull together an event or dinner party

* A tasting room comedy series, where truly horrible characters ply the patient attendant with the usual questions, which she will then answer in an informative and chirpy manner for the benefit of the viewers . . .

* Winemakers that grill--what do they cook at home, and why?

Edited by DoverCanyon (log)

Mary Baker

Solid Communications

Find me on Facebook

I would like to see a quality show on winemaking and viticulture, focusing on how some of the best wineries produce their wines, but general enough that the modest size homemaker can impact some of the techniques. Topics in the vineyard could include determining sugar levels, when to harvest, practical details of managing a modest sized vineyard, principles of biodynamic farming, etc. The winemaking topics could include filtering and fining (why and why not), using new vs old oak, fermenting in stainless steel, racking, etc. Perhaps it could be done by focusing on a particularly producer each week and learning their process soup to nuts.

"If the divine creator has taken pains to give us delicious and exquisite things to eat, the least we can do is prepare them well and serve them with ceremony."

~ Fernand Point

I'm Jealous ..With living in Canada I think I might have to go get an illegal satellite to be able to pick the channel.

As for show ideas

-How about showing peoples wine collections

-With all of the so called reality programming, how about a sommelier competion

-unusual wine regions

-I would like to see a show on wine tasting that lists the wine before the show so you can taste along with the show.

oohhh I 'm going to be thinking about ideas all day.