• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Clemson, S.C.

bottom-dragger

Good luck!

I heard Pixie and Bill's is still open, but it might be in more keeping with that feisty Tiger spirit if you hit Nick's during happy hour and get some fried mushrooms (don't wear sandals or they'll stick to the floor and come off).

Definitely go to the Argicultural Center on campus and get one of their superb milkshakes and some excellent blue cheese to go.

Cheers,

Rocks.

This is a place to consider

Seasons by the Lake Restaurant ....

100 Madren Center Drive

Clemson, South Carolina 29631

This upscale restaurant focuses its culinary expertise on American meals. Expect the average entrée to cost $12 to $20, and typically, visitors dress casually.

Open for lunch and dinner.

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

Calhoun Falls on Highway 123 is always a very nice spot to go to eat, and GG is right about the Mdren Center having good food, from the reports I have heard.

You may want to drive over to Greenville (40 minutes) for a number of fairly good options:

33 Liberty

Soby's

Augusta Grill

La Boheme

Outback (Just kidding, you can go to the one even CLOSER to Clemson)

the hot dogs at Death Valley (i.e. Clemson's Memorial Stadium)are also superb, but still not as good as the general atmosphere of a Tiger football game. Seriously, the concession stands at Clemson are some of the finest oiled machines around for food delivery purposes.

Edited by wcmckinney (log)
William McKinney aka "wcmckinney"

i've been told that i have to get a hotdog at "skins".

same friend (clemson graduate many years ago) also

said that they taste like anyother dog but have more

hype....

hoping to see some fall colors.

joe

petersburg, alaska

joe

petersburg, alaska

sure it rains alot, what's your point?