• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Eye Drops, Calamine, Benadryl...EVOO?

Pickles

We should have been wearing googles but we weren't.

I'm still amazed at how Netspeak continues to insinuate itself everywhere.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't even realize my mistake! I type google so much that I forgot how to type goggles! :raz:

GoodEater

Vivo per mangiare!

I make a salt scrub using olive oil and citrus peel that's fabulous, you come out of the shower all scrubbed and soft!

Yum! Recipe?

Yes please!

I have a partially used bag of Dead Sea salts and a lemon tree...

Swap you a recipe for a lemon tree!

Basic recipe: mix equal weight of sea salt and baking soda. (is the sea salt extra coarse? if could be a bit too chunky...just a thought. Wonder if you could 'smooth' it out in a blender or food processor) Obviously use your judgement...I've had fine sea salt, and very coarse sea salt. You want a salt scrub, not dermabrasion!

Microplane or grate off the lemon skins into some olive oil, or blend olive oil and sweet almond oil. Give a squeeze of lemon juice.

Add enough oil so that the salt mixture is completely saturated and that there is about 1 or 2 inches of oil on top, place in a container that's big enough that you can reach your hand into the bottom and mix it up while you are in the shower.

A batch of the oil mixture should last you 2-3 months.

Enjoy!